Finished embroidering a pillow, a miniature carpet, making mini baby clothes... looks like Project Dump Time!

by - 5:41 AM

So the pillow intended as a gift for a friend I mentioned in the article LBC Week 10: DIY Gift Ideas is finally done!

A Chinese miniature carpet, which I had to start from scratch some 4 or 5 times before I got it rightXD




A while ago I actually made this miniset of baby clothes, but never got around to post it yet... so here it is, in the to-be-finished-one-day wicker cradle:


A bjd Regency dress + white fake leather shoes + a hat (which wasn't meant to be Regency - put there just because I like it together with the dress):



A set of accessories for one of my Barbies: a chatelaine inspired by one I saw in Godey's Lady's Book, a parasol, a necklace, handkerchief and a lace fan. The fan is foldable, yay!


Buns from salt dough:


An openable miniature photo album, two stacks of letters, lavender mini scented sachet, a perfume bottle:


What are you ladies and gentlemen working on recently? Share links, I'm curious:-)

You May Also Like

6 komentářů

  1. Wow I admire those embroideries, that must have taken some time to finish them. I like embroidering but it always takes me so long, because I am not able to give all my attention just to one project, this way I started many projects over the years but not many of them were actually finished (yet :D).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling:-) Starting many projects slows the process down, but it also keeps it fresh and one is not bored:-) Thank you very much for the compliment, I'm glad you like them!

      Delete
  2. Dear Rosa,
    The pillow is just wonderful. Such skill.
    Might you tell us how you made the salt-dough buns? My boys would love working with salt dough to make treats for their stuffed animals and the little playhouse they have...yes, boys can play with playhouses, but usually those who live there travel by helicopter and perform rescues from the house roof :}

    Very best, Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Natalie,
      thank you so very much for stopping by and for your lovely compliment, I really appreciate it:-)
      Your boys are cool, absolutely!:-) Sounds like fun! I followed a tutorial on Youtube by MyFroggyStuff here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHz0PeW9jeY :-) Though I used hairspray for the finish, rather than nailpolish, plus I put egg yolk on the buns prior to baking.
      I hope you'll share the results:-)

      Delete
  3. I love the miniatures!
    And am amazed at your embroidery. Must be so time-consuming, but such an elegant gift!

    P.S. I nominated you to do a blog award here:
    http://abc-lolita.blogspot.com/2015/01/here-there-be-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I'm so happy you like it, yes, it actually took me some 2 years to finish, but the recipient was thrilled, so it was worth it:-)

      And thank you, thank you, thank you very much for the award, you put a smile on my face when I really needed it<3 Once again, congratulations for yours!!!:-)

      Delete